Welcome to the KCNHUB-WS System Wiki!
This wiki details all the ways in which the system is configured, as well as how to modify and use the KCNHUB system!
The KCNHUB system is a Linux based system, based on the NixOS distribution. NixOS has a few major differences from common Linux distributions:
- The system configuration is fully described a set of configuration files, including, but not limited to:
- Packages installed on the system
- Users, groups and permissions
- Servers (HTTP, Git, etc) and their respective configuration
- The system is reproducible, its history of changes is tracked and easily reversible
However, with this comes a fair few differences from traditional Linux distributions such as Ubuntu, and Fedora. Packages are not readily downloadable in factors such as RPM/deb formats. Instead packages are described via "nix derivations".
This shouldn't result in an issue as Nix has the largest repository of updated packages compared to any other Linux distribution !
In case you need to run packages that are only available on another Linux distribution:
- File an issue on this repository requesting the package
- Use a container (podman or singularity) of the distribution required to run the software
This Wiki is still being worked on, if you feel something is missing, please: file an issue!
Once you've gotten your account you can login through
To login to this page for filing issues, feature requests, or changes to this wiki: login with your system account credentials.